Apple Cider Vinegar is commonly seen on grocery store shelves and in many people’s cupboards. While best known for its uses in the kitchen, it also carries many health benefits:
1. Reduces Heartburn & Acid Reflux: Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) helps break down food due to its abilities to stimulate production of stomach acid. Mix 1 teaspoon of ACV in water before meals.
2. Helps Fight Yeast & Fungi: ACV has been known to kill extra yeast (such as Candida) that may be in the body. It has also been known to fight fungi found on the skin and nails. For yeast in the body, a ratio of 1 teaspoon AVC to 1 tablespoon of water works well. For fungi of the skin or nails, a ACV to water mixture with the ratio of 1 to 4 works well applied directly to the infected area.
3. Relieves Sunburn & Bug Bites: ACV has been known to reduce and eliminate the pain of both sunburn and bug bites. For sunburn, an ACV and water mixture of 1 to 4 applied directly using a clean cloth. For bug bites, an ACV and water mixture that is half and half could be applied directly.
4. Lowers Blood Pressure: ACV carries acetic acid which may help lower blood pressure. It has also been thought that it may help control the enzymes of the body that cause blood vessels to constrict.
5. Reduces Dandruff: ACV has been known to help reduced dandruff when applied to the scalp 1 – 2 times per weeks. Dilute the ACV with equal parts water. It is best to leave the ACV mixture on the scalp for 1 – 2 hours, if possible, and then rinse well.